How to set up a Telemedicine Consultation
- Only pets that we have examined within the last 12 months are eligible for Telemedicine consultations.
- You will need to download the Zoom app for your smartphone. You can use a laptop, but we will likely ask you to use the camera during the consultation which is much easier on a smartphone.
By logging on for a Telemedicine consultation, you acknowledge the following:
- That a Telemedicine consultation is limited and that it is not an equal substitute for an office visit and examination.
- That the certainty of a diagnosis may not be as accurate as a clinic examination.
- That a follow-up visit in the clinic may be necessary for diagnosis and treatment.
Here’s how it works:
- Call in to the clinic to make a Telemedicine appointment. You will be given an appointment time and
asked for credit card payment information.
- Have everything ready at home: Download Zoom app, have your pet on a leash, turn off any background
noise that may be distracting and make sure there is adequate light for us to see your pet.
- A few minutes before your appointment, call in to the clinic to get the meeting number and password.
- Log into Zoom for your Telemedicine appointment.
- If there are any medications to go home, these and the Telemedicine appointment fee will be charged to
your credit card. In the event that a medication prescription for an unusual medication that we normally
do not carry, we will contact a pharmacy of your choice to fill the prescription.
- The fee for the Telemedicine consultation is $45,00.